Wow!!! Did I blow it yesterday...

Go down

Wow!!! Did I blow it yesterday...

Post  KeithA39 on Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:35 pm

I'm sure I ate in excess of 5,000 calories.

Reason I'm writing is that we all screw up. Got up and, after getting angry at myself, I decided to try again. Have to. Did some Wii Fit and ate a reasonable breakfast. It's hard to pick up again, but I think that's the trick. I'm gonna be my own worst enemy at times, but I'm not sure if it isn't part of the process...just not so exaggerated as I did.
KeithA39
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wow!!! Did I blow it yesterday...

Post  FitMonkey on Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:04 pm

We all stumble. The worst thing one can do is let a momentary slip-up derail their entire exercise program. Forget it! Move on! Keep going!

K, glad to see you picked yourself up, dusted yourself off, and kept going! IMO, that's a victory in itself! cheers
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-02-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KeithA39 on Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:05 pm

Thanks, FitMonkey. Very Happy
KeithA39
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalee on Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:20 am

Hey don't beat yourself up ok? I have been there many times. It sucks but don't let it get you off track. Just do a little extra tomorrow and eat healthy. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Natalee
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-01-30

View user profile http://wiifitforum.quickbb.net

Back to top Go down

Post  KeithA39 on Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:28 pm

Thanks for the support, Nat.

Oh, and I'm well on track again.

Honestly, that's one of the best things about sites like this. We brace each other during our weak moments. Smile
KeithA39
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wow! Keith

Post  dancerpeg on Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:00 pm

Keith if we don't stumble then why do we all need support. Just because you ate a little or a lot more one day does not mean you blew it. Is that your body just need a little more energy for the day. I think that's the way I was months ago when my husband was very sick and I just didn't care about myself at the time so when I had to cook 6 meals a day I would eat along with him just because we were stuck in the house for almost 6 months. We would go to the doctors and come home or over to the hospital for more test. So I would eat. Right before he got sick I had lost 30 lbs while he was sick I gained it back all but 5 lbs. So I know what everyone goes through when we blow it. So now I have a different out look to life and to getting exercise for myself and if I want to eat or drink my latte I just put a little more time on the wii-fit. Well good luck tomorrow..Peg
dancerpeg
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-01-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KeithA39 on Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:06 pm

You put things (and life) in such a good perspective. Very nice post, dancerpeg.
KeithA39
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

good reminder

Post  prism68 on Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:01 pm

Thanks for posting your slip!
It is nice to hear you got right back on track. In the past, I'll do great at something for a while, but when I mess up- I just throw it all out the window.

So, the week of Valentine's I lost my mind. My students gave me chocolate, my husband and I had reservations at an expensive restaurant (so I HAD to eat it all, lol). I even went to Zaxby's that week and pigged out, made a monstrous ice cream sundae at home, etc..But I DID get back on the wagon that Sunday and have been on track since. It was a total bummer to go to the weigh-in and show a GAIN, but overall I have made good progress.

The point being: if I had called it quits, I'd be right back where I started. Instead, I went out and bought the Wii Fit/My Fitness Coach instead and have had a week back on track now.

I appreciate your post!
prism68
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KeithA39 on Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:41 pm

Agreed. I'm intending on "slipping" every once in a while. Evil or Very Mad I'm not even going to look back when I do. I actually think it's healthy in the sense that I felt re-energized the rest of the week and still went down a pound and a half, which is just where I want to be on average.

Just gotta watch the frequency and extent of the events.
KeithA39
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wow is right

Post  Oceanrun on Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:06 am

I have designed in my failure rate, based on me being me. One day a week I enjoy some beers and then have the rest of the week to get back to a loss. I know I'm going to so I figure by design is better than trying to deny then to break some impossible goal. We are human even though some of us are monkeys.

Last edited by Oceanrun on Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Oceanrun
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey on Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:43 am

Oceanrun wrote:We are human even though some of are monkeys.

I think I qualify for that test. Very Happy
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-02-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MansfieldBuckeye on Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:04 am

I agree. I think that accepting the "slips" and to an extent allowing/scheduling them can be beneficial when you look at it as a reward. I went to the state basketball tournament for three days last week and I knew that it was not going to be good--tailgating, going out to eat, drinking, etc. I left at 7:00 in the morning on Thursday so I got up that morning at 5:30 and worked out. When I got back on Sunday I had gained pounds back, but they came off quickly when I got back to my routine. I loved eating wings, burgers, drinking beer, etc for three days and looked at it as my reward for losing 20 pounds. Now, I am set to get on to the next 20 since I have lost the 4 that I added last weekend as part of my "reward".

MansfieldBuckeye
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down